MBA requires the successful completion of an established academic program. This includes accumulating 24 credits for the high school diploma and participating in a school-sponsored senior class trip. The following are MBA graduation requirements by subject area:
|Bible||4 credits||Computer||1 credit|
|English||4 credits||Speech||1 credit|
|Math||3 credits||Physical Education||.5 credit|
|Science||3 credits||Electives||4.5 credits|
|Social Studies||3 credits||Total: 24 credits|
|World History||US History||Govt./Economics||Calculus|
|Algebra 1||Algebra 2||Algebra 3 or Geometry||Physics|
|Computer||Speech 1||Anatomy||College Classes|
In addition to these classes, a wide range of electives may be offered.
|Anatomy and Physiology||1 credit||Physics||1 credit|
|Band||.5 credit||Spanish 1||1 credit|
|Choir||.5 credit||Spanish 2||1 credit|
|Creative Writing||.5 credit||Speech 2||1 credit|
Student Report Cards
Report cards will be mailed out approximately one week after the completion of the semester. Quarter grades are not part of the student’s permanent record but are an indicator of grade status at that time. Report cards are a tool to aid students in the evaluation of academic achievement.
Academy Grading Scale
|Anything lower||F (no credit given)|
|I||Incomplete (F if not completed)|
|W||Withdrawn from MBA|
Homework is an essential part of an Academy education and is assigned Monday through Friday. After school study reinforces the day’s learning and emphasizes that the school day should not be the only time when the student’s task is to practice, review or learn.
The Academy recognizes parents as partners in their children’s educational experience and stresses the crucial need for parents to establish and monitor homework time. Older students often receive long-term assignments to help them learn how to plan ahead and manage their time.
Project assignments that are known in advance and that fall due during an absence are due on the day the student returns to school.
MBA uses the King James Version in classes, chapels and Scripture memorization. This ensures consistency in content and wording.
College Course Offerings
MBA Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to receive credit for College level courses according to the following criteria:
- Students need to secure administrative approval
- Be enrolled as a full-time Academy student (minimum of five classes)
- No financial aid is available until a student earns a high school diploma
- College application, library and student benefit fees are waived. The only charges would be the college tuition fee per credit hour and normal course expenses (textbooks, class materials, lab fees, etc.)
- Maranatha Baptist Academy tuition covers up to six Academy courses per year with a cap of 24 academic courses over four years.
- Juniors and seniors will have access to six credits of college courses per year at a rate of $100.00 per credit hour. These credits may be taken with face-to-face instruction or in an online environment.
- If a student desires to take more than six college credits during the course of one year, the student will then be charged the part-time per credit rate of the college.
The period for dropping or adding a course is the first week of classes during First and Second Semester. No student may drop or add a course without parental and administrative permission.
One copy of a student’s high school transcript will be forwarded to the college of his or her choice or to another school at no cost. For each additional copy, a $5.00 service charge will be assessed, payable before delivery.