Appropriate for sports participation and Fitness Center Gym.
- Athletic pants, loose fitting pants or blue jeans, or knee length, loose-fitting, knee-length shorts
- Pants may not have holes or rips
- Loose fitting shirts
- Athletic dress should not be worn in Old Main, the Dining Complex, or the library
Appropriate for on- or off-campus activities and athletic events
- Athletic pants, loose-fitting pants or blue jeans
- Loose-fitting casual T-shirts or sweatshirts
- Athletic shoes
Required for a school day
- Clothing should be professional in nature rather than casual or childish.
- Loose-fitting dresses and skirts including denim skirts are acceptable.
- Non-casual or casual shoes/sandals, tennis shoes. Shoes must cover the entire foot and be closed on the heel. Slippers, slipper-moccasins, slides, or other “comfort fashion” shoes, etc.. are not permitted.
- Tights and leggings to the ankle may be worn but should be solid in color (no patterns) and conservative in color (dark colors) and modest in nature (not attention-drawing).
- Loose-fitting modest tops; Tops may not have logos or images larger than a hand.
- Hoodies or sweatshirts may include official MBA promotional items, or may have branding/images/logos smaller than a hand.
Announced Severe Winter Weather Dress
- Loose-fitting khaki-type or dress pants.
- Solid colors and styles in tan, black, gray, or navy
- Not permitted: jeans, athletic pants, capris.
Semiformal and Formal Dress
For banquets, plays, concerts, recitals, and other times when announced. Applies to both MBA and MBU events held on the MBU campus or at other venues.
- Formal dresses or Sunday-church type dresses
- Concert attire
- Dress shoes
- Modest jewelry and hair styling
General Guidelines for Hair and Clothing
- Hemlines and slits must come to the top of the knee at all times
- All clothing must be loose fitting
- Necklines may not be lower than 3 fingers-width from the collarbone in front and 5 fingers-width from the base of the neck in back
- Sleeveless garments are permitted but shoulder straps must be at least 4 finger-widths wide.
- Tops must be long enough to cover all skin at all times
- Clothing of sheer or revealing material may be worn only when the garment underneath conforms to normal dress guidelines
- Clothing should not be ripped, patched, torn, or inappropriately faded
- Leggings and tights are to be solid neutral or dark color
- Hair is to be cut in a traditional, feminine, conservative style and should be a natural-hair color. Bleached or non-natural-color dyed hair, etching, streaking, colored hair inserts, non-temporary hair accessories, and other faddish styles are not permitted. If highlighted, highlights must be of natural color and blended with existing hair color.
- Tattoos, body piercing, body branding, and skin writing are not permitted
- A maximum of three earrings may be worn in each ear: two earrings in each lobe and one cartilage piercing or similar “clasp” in each ear.
Note: Due to the blatant endorsement of nudity, promiscuity, and immoral lifestyle of
Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister Co. – as evidenced by their catalog and general advertising – the
Academy deems it necessary and appropriate to ban any clothing that bears their name, trademarks, or
other visible evidence of association with Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister Co.