Appropriate for sports participation and Fitness Center Gym.
- Athletic pants, loose fitting pants or blue jeans, or knee length, loose-fitting shorts
- Loose fitting shirts
- Athletic dress should not be worn in Old Main, the Dining Complex, or the library
Appropriate for on- or off-campus activities and athletic events
- Athletic pants, loose-fitting pants or blue jeans
- Loose-fitting casual T-shirts or sweatshirts
- Athletic shoes
Required for a school day
- Clothing should be professional in nature rather than casual or childish.
- Loose-fitting dresses and skirts including denim
- Non-casual or casual shoes/sandals, tennis shoes
- Loose-fitting modest tops; Tops may not have logos or images larger than a hand.
- Hoodies or sweatshirts may include official MBA promotional items, or may have branding/images/logos smaller than a hand.
Announced Cold Days
- Tan, black, gray, or navy khaki-type pants
Semiformal and Formal Dress
For banquets, plays, concerts, recitals, and when announced
- Formal dresses
- Concert attire
- Dress shoes
General Guidelines Clothing
- Hemlines and slits must come to the top of the knee at all times
- All clothing must be loose fitting
- Necklines may not be lower than 3 fingers-width from the collarbone in front and 5 fingers-width from the base of the neck in back
- Sleeveless garments are permitted but shoulder straps must be at least 4 finger-widths wide.
- Tops must be long enough to cover all skin at all times
- Clothing of sheer or revealing material may be worn only when the garment underneath conforms to normal dress guidelines
- Clothing should not be ripped, patched, torn, or inappropriately faded
- Leggings and tights are to be solid neutral or dark color
- Hair is to be cut in a feminine style and should be a natural color
- Tattoos, body piercing, and body branding are not permitted
- A maximum of three earrings may be worn in each ear: two earrings in each lobe and one cartilage piercing in each ear
Note: Due to the blatant endorsement of nudity, promiscuity, and immoral lifestyle of
Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister Co. – as evidenced by their catalog and general advertising – the
Academy deems it necessary and appropriate to ban any clothing that bears their name, trademarks, or
other visible evidence of association with Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister Co.