Appropriate for sports participation and Fitness Center Gym.
- Athletic pants, loose fitting pants or blue jeans, or knee length, loose-fitting shorts
- Loose fitting shirts
- Athletic dress should not be worn in Old Main, the Dining Complex, or the library
Appropriate for on- or off-campus activities and athletic events
- Athletic pants, loose-fitting pants or blue jeans
- Loose-fitting casual T-shirts or sweatshirts
- Athletic shoes
Required for a school day
- Clothing should be professional in nature rather than casual or childish.
- Loose-fitting dresses and skirts including denim skirts are acceptable.
- Non-casual or casual shoes/sandals, tennis shoes. Shoes must cover the entire foot and be closed on the heel. Slippers, slipper-moccasins, slides, or other “comfort fashion” shoes, etc.. are not permitted.
- Tights and leggings to the ankle may be worn but should be solid in color (no patterns) and conservative in color (dark colors) and modest in nature (not attention-drawing).
- Loose-fitting modest tops; Tops may not have logos or images larger than a hand.
- Hoodies or sweatshirts may include official MBA promotional items, or may have branding/images/logos smaller than a hand.
Announced Severe Winter Weather Dress
- Loose-fitting khaki-type or dress pants.
- Solid colors and styles in tan, black, gray, or navy
- Not permitted: jeans, athletic pants, capris.
Semiformal and Formal Dress
For banquets, plays, concerts, recitals, and when announced
- Formal dresses
- Concert attire
- Dress shoes
General Guidelines for Hair and Clothing
- Hemlines and slits must come to the top of the knee at all times
- All clothing must be loose fitting
- Necklines may not be lower than 3 fingers-width from the collarbone in front and 5 fingers-width from the base of the neck in back
- Sleeveless garments are permitted but shoulder straps must be at least 4 finger-widths wide.
- Tops must be long enough to cover all skin at all times
- Clothing of sheer or revealing material may be worn only when the garment underneath conforms to normal dress guidelines
- Clothing should not be ripped, patched, torn, or inappropriately faded
- Leggings and tights are to be solid neutral or dark color
- Hair is to be cut in a traditional, feminine, conservative style and should be a natural color. Bleached or dyed hair, etching, and other faddish styles are not permitted.
- Tattoos, body piercing, body branding, and skin writing are not permitted
- A maximum of three earrings may be worn in each ear: two earrings in each lobe and one cartilage piercing in each ear
Note: Due to the blatant endorsement of nudity, promiscuity, and immoral lifestyle of
Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister Co. – as evidenced by their catalog and general advertising – the
Academy deems it necessary and appropriate to ban any clothing that bears their name, trademarks, or
other visible evidence of association with Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister Co.