Maranatha Baptist Academy partners with parents, prepares students academically, and promotes living for Christ. Within this mission, MBA emphasizes four attitudes that drive our approach to all aspects of academics, athletics, fine arts, social relationships, and spiritual growth.
Truth: We believe in living our identity in Christ by loving God and His Truth with all our heart and mind.
- Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.
Learning: We believe in the dedicated pursuit of knowledge so that we may be fully useful to God.
- Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.
Excellence: We believe in displaying God’s glory by doing our absolute best in everything we do.
- Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.
Teamwork: We believe in being motivated by the cause of serving God together while we serve others.
- Nehemiah 2:18 Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king’s words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.
The responsibility for the training and education of children was given by the Lord to parents. Parental responsibilities are detailed in numerous Biblical passages, including the book of Proverbs, Deuteronomy 6, Ephesians 6:1-4, and Colossians 2:8. The pastor and church are charged with the responsibility to teach sound doctrine (Ephesians 4:12-15) and to preserve the truth (1 Timothy 3:15). God established home, church, and civil government to work together to train the child. Maranatha Baptist Academy will strive to see the following objectives accomplished:
- Lead the student to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Complement the instruction received at home
- Teach the Bible as absolute truth and reveal to the student the principles therein to guide in daily living
- Provide the student with a traditional, Christ-centered education
- Provide fine arts and extracurricular activities
- Prepare the student for the challenges of college life
- Instruct young people to seek God’s direction for their lives
- Aid the student in establishing a growing, personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The verbal, plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testaments
- God in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- The new birth in Christ alone
- Baptism by immersion for believers only
- Eternal security
- The Lord’s Supper as a memorial
- Six creation days of twenty-four hours each
- The bodily resurrection of Christ and His bodily ascension into heaven where He now intercedes for believers
- The pre-tribulation rapture for all believers
- The pre-millennial return and millennial reign of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The judgment
- The reality of heaven and hell
- The local church as God’s institution to carry out the Great Commission
- The obligation of every believer to live a holy life and witness to the lost of the saving power of Christ