Maranatha Baptist Academy was founded in 1973 as a ministry of Maranatha Baptist Bible College due to the vision of Dr. B. Myron Cedarholm. Maranatha Baptist Academy was started to meet a growing demand for a Christian high school, as well as, to provide a quality Christian education for College faculty and staff children.
By the late ’70s and early ’80s, the Academy was developing an identity of its own. The rooms on Old Main’s second floor became full-time Academy classrooms. Lockers were added, and the walls were painted in school colors and symbols. Special rooms were designated for Academy dorm students.
By the mid-’80s and into the ’90s, MBA had become fairly independent from the College in administration, operation, and daily activities. The high school moved into the lower level of Old Main with five brand new classrooms and four office areas.
Since its founding, there have been over 900 graduates who have received their education from MBA. The success of the school may be seen reflected in its graduates: missionaries, pastors, teachers, and others successful in secular fields while serving faithfully in their local churches.
That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; – Colossians 1:10
Navy Blue and Gold
The responsibility for the training and education of children was given by the Lord to the parents. Parental responsibilities are detailed in numerous Biblical passages (Proverbs, Deuteronomy 6, Ephesians 6:1-4, and Colossians 2:8). The church is charged with the responsibility to teach sound doctrine (Ephesians 4:12-15) and to preserve the Truth (I Timothy 3:15). God established the home, church, and civil government to work together to train the child. Maranatha Baptist Academy will strive to see the following objectives accomplished:
- Lead the student to acknowledge Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior
- Complement the instruction received at home
- Teach the Bible as absolute truth and a guide in daily living
- Provide the student with traditional, Christ-centered education
- Provide fine arts and extracurricular activities
- Prepare the student for the challenges of college life
- Instruct young people to seek God’s direction for their lives
1. We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testaments.
2. God is in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. New birth is in Christ alone.
4. Baptism is by immersion for believers only.
5. We believe in eternal security.
6. We believe the Lord’s Supper is a memorial.
7. Creation occurred in six days of twenty-four hours each.
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ and His bodily ascension into heaven where He now intercedes for believers.
9. We believe in the pre-tribulational rapture for all believers.
10. We believe in the pre-millennial return and millennial reign of the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. We believe in the judgment.
12. Heaven and hell are a reality.
13. The local church is God’s institution to carry out the Great Commission.
14. Every believer is obligated to live a holy life and witness to the lost of the saving power of Christ.